Danemead Weekend Work Party Volunteer
We need volunteers to help with the conservation of this beautiful nature reserve.
You will gain experience in habitat management, learn about the nature reserve and its wildlife, and meet a lot of friendly people with similar interests.
ROLE TITLE: Danemead Weekend Work Party Volunteer
RESPONSIBLE TO: Nature Reserve Warden
RESPONSIBLE FOR: To provide practical assistance to the reserve Warden with the conservation of Danemead nature reserve.
WORK AREA: Danemead Nature Reserve, near Hoddesdon
ANTICIPATED TIME CONTRIBUTION: Work parties take place on the last Sunday of every month (September—March) Meet on site 10am. Finish on site 1pm on average.
- To assist the Warden on a task, on a weekend day usually recurring monthly
- This task is supervised by the Nature Reserve Warden with advice and encouragement where appropriate.
- To undertake conservation work such as woodland and grassland habitat management and construction and installation of fences, gates and stiles
- To use hand and power tools and other machinery that the individual has received training in
- To be aware of health and safety regulations while working with the Trust
- To assist the Warden in tool and vehicle maintenance Existing skills or experience needed
- An interest in wildlife conservation
- Confidence to use hand or power tools and go through the training required to use them
- Reasonable fitness
- An up to date tetanus jab Skills development and support offered
- Personal protective equipment provided for long-term, committed Trust volunteers