Fir and Pond Woods Weekend Work Party Volunteer
We need volunteers to help with the practical management of this nature reserve near Potters Bar. You will gain experience in habitat management, learn about the nature reserve and its wildlife, and meet a lot of friendly people with similar interests.
ROLE TITLE: Fir & Pond Woods Weekend Work Party Volunteer
RESPONSIBLE TO: Nature Reserve Warden
RESPONSIBLE FOR: To provide practical assistance to the reserve Warden with the conservation of Fir and Pond Woods Nature Reserve.
WORK AREA: Fir & Pond Woods Nature Reserve, near Potters Bar
ANTICIPATED TIME CONTRIBUTION: Work parties take place on the third Sunday of every month. Meet on site 10am. Finish on site 1pm on average.
- To assist the Warden on a task, on a weekend day usually recurring monthly
- This task is supervised by the Nature Reserve Warden with advice and encouragement where appropriate.
- To undertake conservation work such as woodland, grassland wetland habitat management and construction and installation of fences, gates and stiles
- To use hand and power tools and other machinery that the individual has received training in
- To be aware of health and safety regulations while working with the Trust
- To assist the Warden in tool and vehicle maintenance Existing skills or experience needed
- An interest in wildlife conservation
- Confidence to use hand or power tools and go through the training required to use them
- Reasonable fitness
- An up to date tetanus jab Skills development and support offered
- Personal protective equipment provided for long-term committed Trust volunteers