Volunteer Ash Tree Recorder
Role title: Ash Tree Recorder
Responsible to: Nature Reserves Manager
Work area: Across Herts & Middlesex Wildlife Trust nature reserves
Anticipated time contribution: Up to 40 days as a one-off project – no minimum time contribution
In light of the spread of ash dieback throughout Hertfordshire, the reserves team are looking for someone to help with recording where ash trees are present on our nature reserves.
This role involves walking paths around the Trust's nature reserves and recording for us where ash trees are present. This information will help us to keep a close eye out for the appearance and spread of ash dieback on our nature reserves.
- Initial meeting with our Nature Reserves Manager to discuss which sites you’d like to help us with and how to record results.
- Walking our reserves and recording where Ash trees are present near paths, boundaries and other areas where people are present.
- Identifying where ash dieback is present if you feel able.
EXISTING SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- Experience of visiting some of our nature reserves
- Good Winter and Summer tree ID skills