Wildlife Garden Volunteer
St Michael's Street, St Albans, Hertfordshire, AL3 4SN
We are looking to grow our team of volunteers to help care for and develop our wildlife garden at Grebe House in Verulamium Park. The garden is popular with park visitors and a wonderful opportunity for the Trust to show what individuals can do for wildlife at home.
Grebe House Wildlife Garden at the Trust’s offices in Verulamium Park, St Albans.
- Regular and seasonal garden maintenance and improvements – weeding, pruning and tidying up, planting up new areas.
- Working with staff and other garden volunteers to agree on schedules of activity.
- Tools and equipment provided.
Skills and experience you will need
- Experience in gardening and practical maintenance would be helpful.
- Knowledge and interest in gardening for wildlife.
- Availability and reliability on a weekly or another regular basis.
- Enthusiastic about wildlife and the work of the Trust.
- Willingness to work as part of a team.
- Willingness to work in accordance with all relevant Trust policies and procedures including Health & Safety, Safeguarding and Data Protection.
Reasons to volunteer with the Trust
- Opportunity to share your gardening knowledge and skills.
- Develop your own skills and confidence.
- Take practical action for wildlife.
- Meet like-minded people and work in a friendly environment in Verulamium Park, St Albans
Volunteer training and support
- Induction training covering an introduction to the work of the Trust and information on our policies and procedures.
- Support from the Trust team to plan work and deliver gardening activities.
- Access to occasional training workshops.
- Reasonable travel expenses can be claimed for travel to/from Grebe House.
Anticipated time commitment
- One day or two half-days per week; some seasonal activities.
- Caring for the garden will take priority, but there may be an opportunity to get involved in support of other Trust activities.
How do I apply?
Complete and submit the application form below. You can request a paper copy if necessary.
The deadline for applications is Thursday 31st October 2019.
If shortlisted, we will contact you to arrange an informal meeting with you.
For more information about this role please contact
T: 01727-858901 ext 222