HMWT Staff and Trustees
Herts and Middlesex Wildlife Trust is a local charity supported by people who care about protecting wildlife, including over 21,000 members.
With volunteers, we manage a network of more than 40 nature reserves, covering nearly 2,000 acres. Beyond this our vision is of a Living Landscape, where we work with others to improve our towns and countryside for wildlife.
A nationwide movement
We are one of 47 Wildlife Trusts across the UK - we share a vision for a Living Landscape and Living Seas, an environment rich in wildlife for everyone.
We want to be:
- Influential, offering leadership in wildlife conservation
- Authoritative, operating with integrity, scientific soundness, reliability, professionalism and independence
- Active, delivery-focussed
- Inspiring, fully committed and enthusiastic about what we do
- Engaging, valuing and encouraging the contribution of others and welcoming a partnership approach
- To work with partners to restore resilient ecological networks by creating a rich and accessible Living Landscape throughout Hertfordshire and Middlesex
- To create and enhance nature reserves
- To inspire people about the natural world
- To encourage individual action for wildlife and the environment
- To increase our influence
- To raise our profile
- To grow our resources
- To cooperate effectively throughout the movement
- To develop and maintain the highest levels of governance and management
- Our objectives are set within the overarching objectives common to Wildlife Trusts throughout the UK – creating A Living Landscape and Living Seas.