There are many opportunities for your company and staff to get involved and work in partnership with us.
Becoming a business supporter can help to fulfil the demands of your companies’ corporate social responsibility policy, engage your staff and reach new audiences. Join a network of local companies that all support Herts and Middlesex Wildlife Trust in protecting wildlife for the future, whilst making a tangible difference to your business and to the local environment where your customers and employees live.
Supporting Herts and Middlesex Wildlife Trust can help you:
- Differentiate your business through positive association with a highly successful and well-regarded wildlife charity.
- Demonstrate your commitment to your local community as an environmentally responsible business while meeting your CSR requirements.
- Network with like-minded individuals and companies.
- Improve staff well-being and stress relief by taking part in one of our outdoor Working for Wildlife Days.
- Increase your engagement opportunities with your staff, customers, partners and the local communities you operate in.
- Attract new customers and clients.
- Raise your profile amongst Wildlife Trust members – over 22,000 local people.
- Materials to use in your offices to promote your partnership with the Wildlife Trust.
- Protect your local wildlife!
Contact Emma Norrington for more information and to discuss your requirements on 01727 858901 or email email@example.com.
Becoming a Business Member is a great first step in developing a lasting relationship with the Wildlife Trust and demonstrates to your staff, partners and customers that your business is committed to local wildlife, people and the environment.
Financial support from local companies is vital to our survival. It helps us to create and care for places that people can enjoy and wildlife depends on. It also helps us to advise and encourage people to make space for wildlife however big or small. With your support we can provide outdoor activities and events for adults and children across Hertfordshire and Middlesex to get closer to nature.
Depending on your level of membership, your business could benefit from the following:
- Framed membership certificate
- Tailored message of support to use on company website or literature, e.g. 'We are helping Herts and Middlesex Wildlife Trust to protect our locally rare orchard and the special wildlife that it is home to.'
- Coverage in Trust membership magazine, Wildlife Matters (reaching over 22,000 members)
- Receive our membership magazine, Wildlife Matters, 3x per year
- Receive our annual events diary, Go Wild, once a year
- Listing on our website
- Invitation to exclusive events and networking opportunities
- Local press release and photo opportunity
- Opportunities for employee engagement in our conservation and wildlife projects
- Social media promotion in recognition of support
We would like to thank all our business members for their continued support and welcome any new businesses who are interested in working in partnership with the Trust to join today.
Get in touch
Working for Wildlife Days
A great opportunity for your next business away day! Your staff will experience hands-on what it means to protect local wildlife whilst team building and learning new skills in an inspiring setting.
Taking part in a Working For Wildlife Day with Herts and Middlesex Wildlife Trust is a fantastic way to do your bit for local wildlife and give something back to the community.
The activity can be part of an ongoing partnership with the Trust, or as a one-off event.
Our working for wildlife days give you and your staff the opportunity to achieve practical, visible conservation work providing a confidence boost and a fun, effective way to team build.
They take place on our nature reserves across Hertfordshire and Middlesex, and provide:
Exclusive events for teams of all skills and abilities (between 5 and 15 people, sometimes more depending on the reserve and activity).
A great way to improve staff morale and well-being through team-building and staff development opportunities.
- Full training, Health & Safety provisions, and on-site briefing (including Risk Assessments and supervision for the day’s task) by our expert Reserve Officers. Equipment and PPE also included.
Tea and biscuits on the day!
Our working for wildlife days are available throughout the autumn and winter months (late September to early March), after the wildlife breeding and plant growth season has come to an end. There may also be some estate management work available at other times in the year subject to activity, location and group size. We will always try our best to accommodate your request if a suitable project is available.
Prior experience is not necessary and staff can enjoy a valuable day in an outdoor setting learning new skills and working with colleagues. You will make a practical difference to wildlife in just one day.
Costs for these events are from £40 per head (plus VAT) for our business members, and £50 per head (plus VAT) for non-members, for a full day. Full details can be found in the downloadable factsheet below.
Get in touch
If you have any questions or would like to book your working for wildlife day, please contact us on 01727 858 901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the form below.
Herts and Middlesex Wildlife Trust is the leading conservation charity in Hertfordshire. Our local conservation work and partnership projects restore habitats for wildlife and inspire people about the natural world.
Investing in the environment by working with us can be great for your business, as well as the people and wildlife in your local area. Our partnerships range from working with small, local enterprises to set up cause-related marketing initiatives or provide land management advise, to working with larger companies to develop a programme of funding opportunities or event sponsorship. We also have a number of national partnerships with branches in Hertfordshire and Middlesex wanting to encourage staff and customers to give back to the local community.
We work with you to develop solutions that meet your interests and demonstrate your commitment to sustainability. A charity partnership can help to differentiate your company, win new business and ultimately improve your bottom-line. Whatever business objectives you have, we can develop a partnership to suit you. Click here to view some of our current partnerships and get inspired.
Whether you have £200 or £20,000 we will direct your sponsorship so that it makes the most impact. We are currently seeking support for the following aspects of our work:
- New 4x4 Trust vehicles for our Reserves Officers
- Nature reserve management
- Multi-year conservation projects
- Grazing animals (e.g. our Shetland and herdick sheep)
- Information panels for reserves
- Improving visitor access and experience (e.g. repairing boardwalks, installing way-markers)
- Photograph and video equipment to record and promote our local wildlife habitats
Our business partners
HMWT business partners
The Wildlife Trusts' UK-wide partners
Aggregate Industries UK Ltd
Center Parcs Ltd
National Grid Plc
The Crown Estate
Vine House Farm Ltd
Willmott Dixon Ltd
For more information about these partnerships and how you can get involved, click here to visit the national Wildlife Trust website.
Join us on one of our corporate challenges and help protect local wildlife whilst providing an excellent team building opportunity for your team.
The Trust offers a variety of challenges to suit everyone from our challenging London to Paris cycle to our scenic golf day. Our events provide a unique way to boost staff morale through a shared sense of achievement in completing a difficult challenge event to the pride in supporting a well-respected local charity.
Find out what challenge events we have to offer here and help your local wildlife today.